Monday, July 26, 2010

Pioneer Day Parade Float Preview

I have never taken Noah to a parade. I'm not a big fan. I hate the heat, the crowds, trying to deal with parking, etc. This year though, we went to the Southtowne expo center to the float preview for the Pioneer Day parade. They have all of the floats out and you can walk around and look at them and vote for your favorite one. I couldn't believe how awesome they were and how much detail they had. Some of them must have taken months to do. We went with Kristi and her kids, Tara and her boys, Melodie and her kids and my Mom. It was a really fun time and the kids loved it. The best part was that it was a free event. You gotta love free right? The pictures don't even do these floats justice. They were so much better in person. Maybe one of these years I will brave the heat and crowds and take Noah to one of the parades. Every kid needs to go to at least one parade.
This picture didn't turn out very good but it was a float with the seagulls and crickets. It was so awesome and so creative. It was my favorite one.
This was a float from the movie "How To Train Your Dragon"

This was an Oquirrah Mountain temple float

This was a float for West Valley City


This was Noah's favorite float

1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

That was fun. You got some great pics of the floats and kids.