Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pioneer Day

Well, I actually got brave and took Noah to the Days of 47 Parade this year. I haven't been since I was a kid. I hate the crowds and it's usually so hot too. This year, it was a little overcast so it made it nice. We had to pay to park but only had to walk about a block to where we were sitting. We took our chairs to sit on and had a pretty good spot until some annoying Hispanic lady kept getting in front of us taking pictures...I said "excuse me" a couple of times but either she didn't speak English or pretended not to hear. We had to stand for some of the parade so we could see. President Monson was in the backseat of this old car waving and we saw him pretty close so that was really neat. They had tons of cool floats. It always amazes me how creative and neat they are. It ended up being really fun and I'm glad we went.

This was a float that was done by the Granger West Stake which is the stake I grew up in.








1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

I bet that was fun to see! Those floats are sooo cool.