Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

We finally got our Christmas tree up last Monday night. (Dec.8) It was kinda late but Noah had been with his Dad for three weekends prior to that so we just didn't get to it until then. We still get a real tree. I know, I'm probably one of the few that still does. I just really like the real trees. I remember as a kid going out together as a family and picking out a tree and bringing it home and decorating it. It was always such a fun time. Noah enjoys it too. Although every year, the price of the trees go up and so I could probably have bought 5 artificial ones by now. Noah picked out our tree this year. He really liked this one and I wasn't sure because it looked like it might be too full but we got it and it is perfect. My dad was nice enough to come and help me get it in my house and set it up. We had a fun time decorating it once I got the lights on. I ended up making 2 trips to Walmart because three of my strings of lights were burned out. It was quite frustrating. Anyway, it was nice once it was up and we got the house decorated. It definitely put me more in the spirit of the season.

6 comments:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

Yeah, someone else who didn't get things up right after Thanksgiving. We just finally got everything done this past weekend. Regardless, it looks great!

Christy said...

Your tree is beautiful! Everytime I see Noah it surprises me how big he is...and handsome too! I look forward to getting together after the holidays!

Anonymous said...

What a magnificent tree! Kudos to you for still getting a real one! I am tempted to do just that next year! Your son is too cute!

Kristi Amasio said...

Cin the tree is gorgeous! Great job picking it Noah! I miss picking out trees. That was so much fun as a kid. Okay can't wait for tomorrow to be pampered. See ya!

Tara said...

Cin great job on the tree! That looks awesome. I forgot that you usually do a real one. What a great tradition for you and my little handsome nephew!

Jaime said...

Hey Cindy, the tree looks great. We also didn't get our tree up until that same week - Dec. 10th!