Sunday, December 28, 2008

Temple square

I'm way behind on posts for Christmas. I didn't really want to skip anything because this has been my journal lately. I haven't been good about keeping one so I've been trying to keep up with things on my blog so hopefully one day I can do a scrapbook or journal and remember the things that have happened. I will probably end up doing a few posts about Christmas over the next few days until I get caught up. Anyway, one of the things we did this Christmas season was go see the lights at temple square. It was so cold the night we went. We bundled up and walked around the temple. It was so beautiful. They had a nativity set up on the reflecting pond this year. It was really neat. We also stopped in at the Joseph Smith building and took a few pictures by the tree in there. Noah also kept asking me to take his picture near the statue of Joseph Smith. It was a fun but cold night. We don't do this every year but I think maybe we will start to because with all the nativities and just being near the temple help to really put you in the spirit and real reason we celebrate Christmas. Stay tuned for more Christmas posts to come. I know, you just can't wait. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.


3 comments:

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

It looks like you had a fun night. It seems like every time we go, it is always the coldest night of the year. I hope you had a happy holiday.

Jaime said...

It looks like you guys had fun. We didn't go this year. We tried the Ogden Christmas Village instead which was really fun but I wish we would of made it to the temple as well. I love seeing the nativities and remembering the real reason we are celebrating.

Kristi Amasio said...

I didn't know you guys went to see the lights downtown. How fun! I wish we would of done that. We just got lazy. The pics turned out great!

Love ya!