Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

I thought I would just write a little post about Thanksgiving. Sometimes I feel that this holiday gets overlooked. It seems like right after Halloween, people start playing Christmas music and stores have all their Christmas stuff out and I keep thinking, wait a minute, we still have Thanksgiving coming. It is definitely a wonderful day to reflect on all the blessings we have and to be with family. This year, we had Thanksgiving at my parents house and all of my siblings were there this year. It was a very nice day. The only sad part about the day is that I didn't get to have Noah. It was his dads turn to have Thanksgiving with him. I sure did miss him. I was also sad because on the way to my parents house for dinner I put 2 chocolate pies on the front seat next to me and when I turned the corner, they both flew off face down on the floor of the car. I was so mad. I was so looking forward to chocolate pie. Oh well. I also forgot to bring my camera to get some pictures of the family. I hate it when I do that. My mom is so cute. She had these cute little turkey name tags at each persons plate. It was a great dinner. We went around the whole table and had each person say something they are grateful for. My brother Kelly almost brought me to tears. He named each person in the whole family and said some very nice things about them. It was so nice. I would also just like to say how grateful I am for my family, Noah, my job, my health and especially for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for the Atonement in my life that I might be forgiven for my mistakes. Okay, now I'm getting teary again. Later on in the evening, we made these cute Christmas countdown calendars. They are made out of mini muffin tins. They turned out so cute. My mom bought all the stuff to make them. Thanks mom. All in all, it turned out to be a nice day. Of course I ate too much as usual. My mom also makes the best pumpkin pie and I had too many slices of it but it is so good. The only thing missing that would have made this day perfect was my son Noah. Wish he could have been there. I hope everyone else had a nice Thanksgiving too.

4 comments:

Kristi Amasio said...

It was a great Thanksgiving. We need to figure out how we can all be on the same schedule as Noah. What can we do to change that? We did miss you Noah!!

Tara said...

I totally agree it would have been perfect if little Noah was there! We seriously need to get him on the same holiday schedule as the rest of us.

See you in a few weeks! Yah!

Kim said...

those advent calendars are so so cute! I want more info on how to make them!

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

I am so glad that I found your blog. We need to keep in touch!