Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We had a wonderful holiday filled with lots of yummy food, family, friends and fun activities. Noah and I attempted to put together a gingerbread house but it didn't turn out very well. The frosting was kinda crappy so we couldn't get it to do what we wanted it to. It was still a fun time. On Christmas eve, we went to my parents house for a nice ham dinner. It was great. We really missed the Thompson family. They were at Raleigh's parents this year. We did white elephants and I ended up with a cute welcome wreath for my front door. Thanks Kristi. All of the kids brought a stocking and then each family put a small treat or toy in their stocking. The kids totally loved it. For about the last 4 years, we have had a tradition of having my parents wrap a gift over and over with packaging tape so that it is really hard to open and then we play a game where you roll two dice and if it totals seven, you get a chance at unwrapping the gift. The trick is you have to unwrap it with oven mitts. Some of my siblings get pretty aggressive but it is always fun to play and watch. The present is usually a gift card to a restaurant or store. Fun times. We also had a talent show by the grand kids. Noah did some magic tricks. Who knew my son was a magician? (: Siera sang a song and surprised us all with how great of a voice she has. Harmony also sang and also has such a cute voice. Abi danced and wore the most adorable costume. Caleb played a song on the piano that he learned off the Internet. He is definitely a chip off the old block. I truly have the cutest nieces and nephews. I had Noah this year for Christmas eve and Christmas morning. Noah got an MP3 player, basketball, DVD's and some books. We went over to my parents Christmas morning and they gave us a Wii for Christmas. It has been so much fun. We are still learning how to play everything and I recently just purchased the Wii Fit so I'm starting to use that. Noah also made me a gingerbread house for Christmas (which he still won't let me throw away) and he gave me one of the seasons of King of Queens on DVD. It is one of my favorite shows. Anyway, here are some of the photos I took.



2 comments:

Kristi Amasio said...

I love the pics of the boys. Soo cute! I can't believe Christmas is over and done with and it's half way thru January. Where does time go??

Cherish said...

You are such a great aunt and sister! Thanks for your thoughtful gifts and words. We love ya!