Sunday, September 13, 2009

Labor Day Weekend


I know I keep saying this but I'll say it again. I can't believe how fast this year is going. Someone just put on Facebook the other day how may days are left until Christmas. It seriously makes me sick to even think about the holidays already. We had a pretty uneventful Labor Day weekend. I had to work an 8 hour shift Friday night. It was considered my summer holiday work requirement. Saturday, Noah had his first football game against Highland. The team played really well and we won. Noah got a couple of tackles and even got hurt but played tough. He seems to really like football when he is at home and just messing around with the ball but then we he gets to the games, he acts a little afraid so when he gets a tackle in a game, its quite exciting for us. Most parents want their kids to be able to touch the ball or score the touchdown, for us, we get excited when he gets a tackle. We didn't do too much the rest of the day. Sunday, we had church and then went to my parents for Sunday dinner. We only go over there on the first and third Sundays. It's always such a great meal and fun for all the cousins to see each other and play. Noah even got to stay the night at his cousin Josh's house. He was so excited. He loves Josh and Siera. He had a great time. Monday, I took him to the movie "Shorts". It was a cute movie. After that, we went to my Uncle Mark's for a BBQ. It was a good time but tough to not have PJ there. I know he was there in spirit with us though. Mark even had Karen and her husband over. I think my sister, Kristi, put in her blog that when Mark and Karen divorced, it divided our families a little. We had been so close growing up and after this happened, it wasn't the same. After PJ's death, the family has gotten closer again and the negative, bitter feelings people have had seem so unimportant. I think this tragedy really made everyone stop and think that you never know when someone you love can be taken from you so fast. Life is too short to have angry feelings. I brought my camera to the BBQ but the batteries were dead so I didn't get any photos. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

Nice post Cin. Especially the last part, very well done.