Friday, September 25, 2009

The Things Kids Say......


Kids say some of the funniest things sometimes and are so innocent and have no idea that what they say is so funny. Since I've been a total slacker about keeping a journal or scrapbook, I wanted to write down some of the funny things Noah has said lately so that I could remember them and tell him when he gets older.

1. One day, I was talking to a friend on Facebook that I hadn't been in contact with for a very long time. She told me she had a 9 year old son so I told her that I did too. I also told her that I thought it was a fun age. Noah was reading the email over my shoulder and he said, "Yeah mom, 9 is a fun age. I think 9 and 10 are going to be the best years of my life." He had such a straight face saying it. I was cracking up. I told him that he had a lot to look forward to and that I'm sure he would look back and realize that those years probably won't be the "best" years of his life.

2. Noah has been complaining a lot about muscle cramps in his legs. I think he has just been experiencing growing pains. One day he even told me his chest was hurting. I asked him where on his chest was hurting and he said his "nibbles" meaning nipples. I said, "Don't you mean your nipples?" and he said, "no, nibbles." I had to explain to him that they are called nipples not nibbles.

3. He has been reading a lot of books by Judy Blume. She was one of my favorite authors growing up. He just recently read "Blubber". He was about half way through the book when he told me that there was a swear word in it. It was the B word. I was a little surprised and didn't remember any of her books having swearing in them. Then he said, "Yeah, mom. I guess Judy Blume isn't Mormon." Too funny.

Lately, he has really been into babies. He loves holding them, playing with them, feeding them, etc. He mauls his poor nieces and nephews to death. When we are at my parents for Sunday dinner, he just loves to play with the little ones. He is actually really good with them and they seem to like him.

Some of his favorite things right now are football, especially the Minnesota Vikings. Hence, the picture up above that Noah insisted I put on here. It is his dad's favorite team too. His favorite player is Adrian Peterson. He also likes reading, video games and playing with friends. His favorite school subject is reading and his favorite color is green. His favorite food is pizza and pretty much any kind of junk food. I wish he was a better eater though.

Anyway, just wanted to have some of these things documented so if I ever get a scrapbook started, I will have these things written down.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh my gosh the nibbles thing is a crack-up! I love that Noah. He's such a good kid. You can send him down here to take care of Luke anytime. :)

Kim said...

What a sweet boy! I loved reading all about him!

Kristi Amasio said...

So hilarious! I love it! Noah you are the cutest!! Love the new blog look.:)