Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Dreaded Visit To The Dentist

A few months ago when I switched my job status from perdiem to full time, I was able to get health and dental insurance for me and Noah for a really good rate. I haven't had dental insurance in a few years so I would have to pay for everything out of pocket. My old dentist retired and so my sister, Kristi, recommended a good dentist that was really close to home. Thanks Kristi. I scheduled appointments for me and Noah and we went in for the cleaning and checkup. Noah ended up having 2 cavities and I had 3 cavities and needed a root canal. Ewwww!!! If you have ever had a root canal, you totally know what I mean. It was awful and it seemed to take forever. The worst thing is that it usually takes 2-3 visits to completely finish the root canal. I still have one visit left for the root canal and one visit to do the cavities. Noah got his cavities filled a couple of weeks ago. He was so anxious anticipating the shots he would have to have prior to the fillings. He must have asked me a million times exactly what would happen and how bad the shots were going to hurt, etc. He was so relieved after if was over and said it wasn't bad at all. He had the laughing gas and he got to watch Shrek during the whole thing. I guess no one likes going to the dentist but it's unfortunately necessary. He was tough though. Now, if I can just get my visits over with.

1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

Fun times. I love the gas!!