Saturday, November 28, 2009

Who's Your Hero?


A couple of weeks ago we went to the South Towne Family Christmas Boutique. It was pretty much a huge boutique with several different vendors. While we walked around looking at the merchandise, they had people performing Christmas dances and songs. One of the booths was called, "Who's Your Hero?" The booth had large posters of hero's from the Book of Mormon and the Bible. Noah's favorite was Captain Moroni. These posters looked so cool and looked so much like how I would picture them looking. On the way home we had a conversation about Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty. The following Monday night, Noah did a FHE lesson on Captain Moroni. He did such a great job. I was pretty impressed. After the lesson, he made his own Title of Liberty. It was really cute. I tried to take a picture of it to post on here but couldn't get it to be dark enough to show up but this is what he wrote: "Always love God and have faith in God, repent, choose the right, pray, go to church, love one another, keep the commandments, go on a mission, be an example, obey parents. Do these things to become more like our Heavenly Father and Captain Moroni." He seems to be pretty interested in learning about the Book of Mormon hero's. I just hope he continues to want to learn and study about them as he gets older. If you haven't seen these posters, you can check them out at Seagull book, they are pretty cool.

2 comments:

Kristi Amasio said...

That is awesome! I am so impressed! I can't believe you didn't tell me about him doing that. What a great kid Noah is!!!

Tara said...

Dude I swear you are the best mom. I seriously need to take notes. Noah is a great kid and it is ALL due to his freaking awesome Mom!