Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nostalgia

A few months ago, I reconnected with a long lost roommate from Ricks College (aka BYU Idaho) on Facebook. We have talked for quite some time about getting together and finally found a day to work it out. She invited me to her house for dinner. They live in Layton. It was so good to see her and her cute family. It has been so long. we were trying to figure out when we saw each other last and we think it was at our other roommates funeral. (Our roommate, Christy, died of Cancer about 7 years ago) We don't even live that far from each other but life just gets so busy that sometimes you just have to slow down and make time for things. We had dinner and then had a nice time visiting and talking about old times. I can't believe it has been 20 years since we were roomies at good old Ricks. It was nice to visit. We are talking about doing a little roommate reunion some time this summer if we can get all of us together again. I was really lucky and had such great roommates and it would be a lot of fun to see all of them and their families again. On the way home, I stopped and showed Noah the house I lived in when I was a little. It was off Bennett St. in Layton. Layton has changed so much that I couldn't find it without calling my mom to help me with directions. It was weird seeing that house again and remembering some of the things from when I was really little. We only lived there until I was 7 but I still have a lot of memories of that house. I made Noah get out and I took a picture of him in front of the house. It was dark so the picture isn't that great but it was so strange to think its been 30 years. I couldn't believe how small the house was either. I also showed him the school I went to, Lincoln Elementary. Talk about nostalgia. This is me and my roommates 20 years ago. Yes, I'm blinking in the picture. We had a running joke that I always blinked in the pictures.



Me, Marie and her husband, Mark

Our old house (it still looks the same as I remember it)

2 comments:

Kristi Amasio said...

How fun! That is great that you were able to reconnect with your roomy. I totally remember her. :)

Hu.Ge.Lu said...

Cindy, this is Shelly. I totally remember that house. We were visiting one summer and your family was where I wanted to be!! My dumb memory was being in thse goofy striped pajamas and running to the bathroom in the dark. I think I crashed into the wall or something and your mom came out to see what was going on. I also remember a picture of you on the wooden shelf thing near the front door. Silly, but fun!

Love Ya,
Shelly