Sunday, January 10, 2010

Testimony

Today I was asked to bear my testimony in sacrament meeting. I didn't realize that when I said yes that it was ward conference which meant that there were a lot of visitors, making me that much more nervous. As I sat and pondered my testimony and thought of what I might say, I was trying to remember the last time I bore my testimony and I couldn't remember, that's how long it has been. It has been years. In fact, I think the last time I did it was on Noah's blessing day and he is now 10. I don't want to get too personal because maybe this isn't the appropriate place to share such things, but it was a great feeling. All day, I felt that I had the spirit and as nervous as I was, I definitely think its something I need to share more often. I know that we often take our testimony for granted and in order for it to grow it has to be nourished and constantly fed, just like any relationship. I hope that this will just be the beginning of me bearing my testimony and that I can have the courage and spirit to share it more often.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Cin that is awesome! Way to go. I seriously don't do it often enough either. It has been forever! I have to talk in church this week so I guess I'll be forced to either way. ha ha!

Kristi Amasio said...

Cin. I don't know how I missed your blog being update and this long ago. That is so awesome that you did that! I am so proud of you! You have come such a long way! I love ya!!!