Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Retirement Part 1



So my Dad is officially retired. He had his big retirement party with his work today. All of us siblings were invited to go and have lunch with his coworkers to celebrate his retirement. He has worked at various places over the years (all for the government) including Tooele Army Depot and Hill Air Force Base but his last 15 years have been at the Bureau of Reclamation in downtown SLC. The luncheon was at Little America. It was great food. All of the siblings were able to go except Kenny. We missed ya Ken! It was so fun to meet the people he has worked with for so long and to hear some of the things they had to say about him. All of them really seemed to like him and kept saying how much they were going to miss him. They gave him a little scrapbook and a bunch of golf stuff. My Dad also stood up and introduced each of his coworkers and told what their job title was. I was so impressed he remembered every ones name. There were about 20 people there. He seemed to be very well liked. I love my Dad so much and am so proud of him. He was always such a good provider for our family and taught us all the value of hard work. Congrats Dad!! You deserve it. I'm sure he'll be doing plenty of golfing(:

They knew what a big BYU fan he is so they gave him a BYU golf towel along with money and gift cards to a golf store. They know him too well.
After the luncheon was over, I opted to go back to my Dad's office and see his desk. I had never been there before and wanted to see where he had been working all these years. Better late than never I guess. They had U of U confetti all over his desk to tease him. They also had picture up all over in his cubicle telling him happy retirement.

No comments: