Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of Fifth Grade

I can't believe I now have a 5th grader. How did this small, sweet newborn baby turn into such a BIG kid already? It's so bitter sweet to me. While I enjoy watching him learn and grown and experience new things in life, I also am saddened to think that in a short time, he won't need me anymore or want me around as much, when his friends will be more important than "mom". I know that this is all part of growing up but I wish I could enjoy the time more and that it wouldn't go so fast. On a lighter note, his teacher is Mrs. Graf which he is very excited about. She used to be in our ward and we have heard great things about her. He has quite a few friends in his class this year as well. Hopefully he will have a great year.


3 comments:

Kim said...

I can't believe he's in 5th grade!! Crazy! Hope his year is grand!

Kristi Amasio said...

I know just how you feel. So sad to see them grow. He looks so handsome! Love ya No!!

Tara said...

Oh man he is growing up so fast too! Stop it kids! He is such a handsome guy Cin. I love that kid! love you too. Miss you guys!