Monday, August 2, 2010

Girls Camp


I haven't been to girls camp since I was in YW so it's been a super long time ago. I was called as the stake camp nurse. I wasn't sure what this calling would entail but basically it was to be up there to help with anyone that needed any kind of first aid. We had a great stake camp board. We all got a long really well. We were totally spoiled to have our own camp chef and we didn't eat normal camp food. We had some pretty yummy food and desserts. The theme this year was the Wizard of Oz and each ward had a color that went along with the yw values. Each ward performed skits that went along with the Wizard of Oz theme and the value they had. There were some pretty well thought up, clever skits. It really brought me back to the days when I went to girls camp. The stake also did a skit and I was one of the Munchkins. Each time we all congregated together in the amphitheater, they played this song and we all did a little dance and then they changed the words to the Miley Cyrus song Party in the USA to "It's a Beautiful Girls Camp Day". The weather wasn't too bad. It got pretty hot but on the days that we hiked, it was little overcast so it wasn't too bad. As a stake camp, we also did secret sisters and did little gifts/notes for each other each day we were at camp. My secret sister was on of the grandmas. She was so good to me. She came me a DC (diet coke) everyday. I also got Reeses, lotion, and dark chocolate. It was a great experience and I'm glad I got the chance to go. I didn't take my camera so I didn't get any pictures but I got a picture of the stake camp board. The stake yw presidency gave all of us a framed picture of the board.

No comments: