Monday, August 9, 2010

Reunion With Marvin

Today, we went to Fairview, Utah. This is where my Aunt Gayle lives. She had all of her kids in town and invited us up for a little reunion. It was so fun to see everyone. I hadn't seen Marvin and his wife Tia in 7 years and I can't remember the last time I saw Marla and Maria. I also got to see my cousin Shelly and her kids which I haven't seen for a while either. It was so fun to reminisce and meet my cousins kids that I hadn't seen before. I can't believe how old we are all getting. We were pretty close to Gayles kids growing up. We lived in Sacramento for about 2 years from when I was 7 until about 9. Aunt Gayle and Glade lived about 45 mins. away and I remember going to their house almost every weekend and spending lots of time with them. I was telling Noah that everyone used to call me and Marvin "kissing cousins". We used to really like each other and have so much fun. I remember us telling each other that if we weren't cousins, we would get married. Pretty funny hu? My uncle Glade was there also with his wife Lola. I didn't get any pictures of him because they weren't there long but it was good to see him. He seems to be happy with his wife and he and Gayle get along great and are able to have reunions with all their kids at the same time. I wished we all lived closer and got to see each other more often. We were walking around taking tons of pictures. I wish all of the extended Nielsens could have been there and it really would have been a great reunion.

Gayle and her daughters Monica, Marla and Maria


Noah and Josh playing football
Gorgeous Siera

Marvin and Tia an their kids Macy and Avery

Gayle's son, Matthew


Ken and Mel playing croquet

Cute Vani


Shelly and Rick and their kids
Mom, Mark and Gayle
Harry and Gayle with Gayles kids
The "poly" husbands
Gayles kids: Marla, Monica, Matthew, Marvin and Maria
The Amasio fam

David and Marla and their kids
Me and Siera squinting into the sun
Our family minus Kelly and Tara

Me and Marvin...he was my bestest cousin growing up

1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

You got some great pics. It was a fun time and you are lucky that your blog is all caught up. :)