Monday, May 30, 2011

My Big Day

Well, I finally had by Big Day...the day I have been dreading for quite some time. I tried to have a positive outlook and just think of it as another number. After all, that's all it really is right? I know I'm still 25 at heart....lol. What I wouldn't give to have my 25 year old body back but this old body has been through a lot. Some things I'm proud of and some things, not so proud. Sometimes, I feel like I'm still waiting for my life to start and I'm 40...I was pleasantly surprised to have a little surprise dinner with my siblings and parents. My parents had planned to take me out to dinner for my birthday. It's a tradition that they take us out to dinner to the restaurant of our choice on our birthdays. I picked Texas Roadhouse. When I walked in to the waiting area, Kristi, Kelly and Cherish jumped out to surprise me. It was so sweet. They even brought presents and cake. Tara couldn't come since she lives in Vegas and Kenny had some lame excuse as to why he wasn't there... (love ya Ken). It was so fun to sit and be honored by my siblings and parents. It definitely made the Big day Big but not so bad after all. I've just tried to embrace it since there isn't anything I can do about it. The party with my family was the day before my birthday and on my actual birthday, I went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory.

My birthday cheesecake. Not a great picture. My face looks all greasy. Yuck!


My family at Texas Roadhouse...not a very good pic. I wish I would have taken more pics.

My cute little chocolate cake. It was yummy!

1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

You pic with the cheese cake is so cute! I love it. I hope you had a great bday. Love you!!