Thursday, August 27, 2009

High School Reunion

August 1st, dare I say it.....I had my 20, yes 20 year high school reunion. I still can't believe it's been 20 years since I left good old Granger High. I have some of the greatest memories of high school. I had a lot of great friends and fun times. I didn't make it to my 5 or 10 year reunion but decided this year I would take the brave step and go. I'm so glad I did. I had so much fun. It was so fun seeing so many old friends and seeing how people had changed. None of the people that I was really close to in high school were able to go so I wasn't sure if I wanted to go but I finally decided to. It was held at the Grand America hotel downtown. It's a really nice place. They had a nice buffet dinner, slide show and the Madrigals sang. They sang the song "Remember", which was the song they would always sing our senior year. Some people had changed a lot while others seemed the same, just older. I didn't take as many pictures as I would've liked. I kinda felt dumb just to walk around and take photos of people I hadn't seen in 20 years. I was so nervous driving there and so worried about what to wear but once I got there, I started feeling more comfortable and ended up having a great time. I think that being on Facebook and reconnecting with so many people from high school really helped me make my decision to go.

Me and Janeane Brighton. I've known her since elementary school.


I'm not sure why these photos turned out so small. I copied them off Facebook so that might be why. This is the madrigals singing.


The bald guy in this photo is Jason Johnson. I had the biggest crush on him in junior high and high school. I was in the play "Fiddler on the Roof" with him at West Lake and he played the main character, Tevye.

This is me and Adella Hardy, another friend that I've known since elementary school.

2 comments:

Kim said...

looks like you had alot of fun! Good for you for being brave and going...

Kristi Amasio said...

So proud of you for going Cin. I think it takes a lot of bravery to go, Your awesome! I don't think I dare go to mine. You have so many great friends from HS though. Looks like a fun night.