Thursday, August 27, 2009

Las Vegas and My New Nephew Luke


My sister, Tara had her baby on June 11th. He is such a cutie and looks just like his big brother, Drew. They named him Luke Michael. I love that name. Anyway, all of our family in Utah were anxious to meet this new little guy so we kept trying to figure out how to get Tara to Utah. We knew it would be too difficult for her to fly or drive by herself with 2 tiny guys. Raleigh had to stay behind to study for the Utah bar and work. So after lots of planning and rearranging, we ended up driving to Vegas to pick her up. It was my weekend to have Noah and so he came with us and my mom came also. We left on Pioneer Day (July 24th) and came back the 26th. It was a quick little trip and on the way home, we were stuffed into my car like sardines but we made it. On Saturday, we all went out to lunch and drove by the Las Vegas temple. It was too hot to get out and look around so we just admired it from the car. Then Tara wanted to get back home to put the boys down for naps so I decided to take Noah down to the strip. I know, its not the most "kid friendly" place on the planet but I wanted to show him a few things. We walked around and saw the pirate ships at Treasure Island, saw the lions at MGM, went to the M & M Factory and Coke Factory, and the Statue of Liberty at New York, New York. One of the more interesting things we saw was a Michael Jackson look a like. This guy was standing in front of one of the souvenir shops. From a distance, he looked just like Michael Jackson but not as much close up. I told Noah to go stand by him so I could get a picture. Then Noah wanted to take a picture of me by him so I did. It was funny because when I was standing by him, I noticed he had on a CTR ring so I asked him if he was LDS and he said yes. He says he goes around doing Michael Jackson impersonation concerts. We finally headed back to Tara's house and we were so tired from all of the walking.Not the best picture of the temple but I just took it from the car window.

Do you think he looks like the real Michael Jackson?




They had every kind of M & M you could imagine. Of course we had to get some and we got the peanut butter ones, my favorite.




This is Drew. He is so adorable too. He was talking up a storm and is so smart. He can say the alpahbet and sounds that animals make.

Noah was so good with Luke. When none of us seemed to be able to calm him down, Noah was standing with him and bouncing him and got him to go to sleep. He was so good with him and kept asking if he could hold him. He loves his little neices and nephews.

1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

Um, did you just post all these or did I miss all these? Anyways, I think that's a pretty good impression of MJ. Looks like you guys had so much fun in Vegas. I'm jealous and sad I missed out. Hopefully we can go for the blessing in a month or so.