Sunday, August 30, 2009

Summer Fun

Summer came and went so fast this year. I don't feel like we got to do very many things. I think since it rained so much in June, it just didn't feel like summer really got started until July and then school started last week. Some of the things we were able to do that I haven't blogged about were bowling, swimming and going to Boondocks. At the beginning of the summer, Noah took swimming lessons at the rec center. He loves the water and loves to take lessons.


Don't you just love the goggles? Noah insisted that he needed goggles to "see and breathe" underwater.

Noah and his friend Braden, at the outdoor Centennial pool.



Fun at Boondocks.

Last Sunday, we went on a hike up to Silver Lake. Silver Lake is up Big Cottonwood Canyon next to Brighton Ski Resort. It's more of a walk than a hike. It is paved all the wave around the lake and is a flat trail. It's very pretty up there. We ended up running in to my brother, Kenny and his family. It was fun to walk around the lake with them. I only ended up getting a couple of pictures because the batteries in my camera died. It's a nice place to go and very "kid friendly".


We also made it bowling a couple of times. Fat Cats had a deal all summer where kids can bowl 2 free games each day during the summer, Monday through Friday. I love to go bowling, even though I'm not very good. It's a fun activity Noah and I can do together.

1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

I didn't know you went to Boondocks! That looks like a lot of fun. Bowling looks fun too. I keep wanting to take the kids there. You guys had a great summer!!