Thursday, June 30, 2011

Westfest 5K

Okay, so I signed up for the 5K again. I figure it's only 3.2 miles and I don't have to run the whole thing..My Mom, Tara and I all signed up. Noah even signed up. I did not train for this and had been in Hawaii for the whole first part of June so I just figured I would go and get some exercise if nothing else. Well, I think we did awesome. If you look at my age group, I came in 12th out of 14 which doesn't sound great but I did beat my own personal goal. Last year I came in at 48 mins and this year I got 39:50 so I beat my time by 8 mins so I was happy with that. Noah did really well. He came in 6th place out of about 28 kids. His time was 28 mins. He said he ran the whole thing. I'm glad I did it. I was pretty sore the next day. I hadn't been exercising much since I had been on vacation. I want to do it again next year and hopefully beat my time again.


1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

Fun. I want to do it next year too.