Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's day turned out to be a really nice day. We went to church and the primary kids sang a song to all of the mothers. It's always so cute to see all of the primary kids get up and sing. After church, we came home and Noah gave me his present that he got me. Kent helped him pick it out and he got me a 6 pack of diet coke and a gift card to Sampam, which is one of my favorite restaurants. We went over to my parents for dinner and had filet mignon steaks. They were so delish!! I love being a mom and having a special day each year to be honored. Sometimes, I don't feel deserving of all the praise. Motherhood is definitely the hardest thing I have done but it is so worth it. It has made me have such a greater love and appreciation for my mom and all she did and sacrificed for us growing up. One thing that I really want to try and work on is being patient. I'm just not a patient person but I need to relax sometimes and not get so impatient or upset about things that aren't even worth it or aren't going to matter years down the road. I know that what is going to matter is what memories my son had of his childhood and the kind of mother I am to him. Noah also made me this cute card at school that included Mother's Day coupons. I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day.

3 comments:

Kristi Amasio said...

Cin you are a fabulous Mom and Noah is so blessed to have you as his Mom. I totally look up to you and wish I could have the energy and will to do so many of the fun things that you do with him. Your awesome!!

Jill, Wes, and Andy said...

I am glad you had a great mommy day! Diet Coke is the best present anyone could ask for.

Tara said...

Um, could your blog be any cuter? I love the new background!

I agree with Kristi, you are an awesome Mom and do so many fun things with Noah. He is going to have a lot of great memories!