Friday, May 29, 2009

Pinewood Derby


Last Saturday was the Pinewood Derby. This was the first one that Noah has been involved in. We got his car kit to make the car about a month before the derby. I actually asked Kent (Noah's dad) if he wanted to make the car with him. I figured this was more of a father/son thing. It was getting closer the the date of the derby and I kept asking Noah if he and his dad had worked on the car and Noah kept telling me no. I was starting to get a little worried that maybe Kent had forgotten. I called him and left him a message reminding him that he only had a few more days. Well, to make a long story short, Kent called me 2 days before the derby telling me that he hadn't had a chance to work on the car with Noah and so he was going to borrow a car from a friend. He told me this car would win because his friend made it for his son and he knew all the things to do to make it win. I didn't really care about that, I just wanted to make sure Noah had a car. Noah seemed fine with the idea of having a car that they didn't actually put together themselves. Noah ended up winning all of the races and of course was pretty excited about it. He also won for most aerodynamic, best paint job and a couple others that I can't remember. He had a really good time. After it was over, many of the parents kept asking me how we made the car and what we did to make it win. I just referred them to Kent telling them that it was all him. I do think it was cool that Noah won but I think it would've meant more to him if it was a car that he had made himself. He told me that Kent told him that next year they are going to make their "own" car. The guy that was in charge of the derby also told us that the wheels on Noah's car were illegal. Kent argued with him about it saying that the wheels said Pinewood Derby on them. Who knows if they were really legal or not but Noah had a fun time and of course was happy that his car won. Hopefully next year he'll get the chance to make and race his own car.


1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

Such cute pics of Noah. I love the last one. Yay for winning!