Saturday, May 16, 2009

Surprise !!!!

My Mom's 60th birthday is actually today but we had a surprise birthday party for her last Saturday. It was so much fun to put together. Warning, there are a lot of pictures in this post. It was held at the West Valley Rec Center. My Dad lured her over there thinking they were going to a 60th birthday party for Lou (Raleigh's mom). I'm so glad she was surprised. She has been telling us all for quite a while now that she didn't want a big party or fuss made over her for her birthday. We just didn't listen and planned it anyway. Check out the look of surprise on her face.

We invited some friends from her ward.



We also invited friends from her old ward that she is close to.
We also invited family from both sides.

All of my sibling were able to come, including Tara and Raleigh from Las Vegas. Each of us got up and said a few words about my mom, which I'm so bad at doing. I'm not one to be up in front of people. Then the grand kids all sang "I Love To See The Temple" and they all said why they loved grandma. Noah actually said that grandma is really kind and that grandpa should be lucky to have her. Too funny. Siera also sang a song and Caleb did a little comedy routine. We had snacks and cake. It turned out to be a good time and she ended up not even being mad at us for it.


Happy Birthday Mom and PS-doesn't she look awesome for 60???

1 comment:

Kristi Amasio said...

It did turn out great! I think we did a great job. Hey and just so you tknow I think Noah came up with the most clever and great answer for what he said about Mom. I was quite impressed with all he said. And you did a great job too. You said a lot of the things I tried to remember to say.