Monday, July 6, 2009

MJ


Okay, I'm probably pretty pathetic to have a post about Michael Jackson but I couldn't help it. He was my teenage heartthrob. I remember when the Thriller album came out and I had to have the record. Yes, back then it was records. I loved all of the songs on it and listened to it all the time. I especially loved "Thriller" and the Thriller video. Me and my sister Kristi would constantly watch MTV waiting for the video to come on. Of course, we had to wait for when my parents weren't home because they wouldn't let us watch MTV. The picture I posted is what he looked like when I had a crush on him. As time went on, he had plastic surgery and started changing his looks and I didn't really think he was attractive anymore. It also seemed like he got kinda weird and there were accusations about him molesting some children. I hope these things aren't true but who knows? Well, as everyone knows, he died on June 25th. He was only 50 years old. There are speculations as to the true cause of his death ranging from a heart attack to drug overdose. It has been all over the media since. It seems like at the time of his death he was sad and lonely. Who would think that someone with all of his fame and fortune could be sad and lonely? It just goes to show that money can't buy happiness. It really makes me sad that he kind of had a sad life in many ways despite his fame. I feel like a part of my childhood is gone now. I know, I'm lame. I still love his music and will continue to listen to it. I hope he is in a better place now and free of the pain he experienced here. RIP MJ.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Dude you are not lame! I was totally thinking of doing an MJ post too. I was in love with him at that time too (I'm sure because I was trying to emulate my big sisters!) He was awesome in his prime!

P.S. I distinctly remember you and kristi having ME sit in front of MTV and yell to you when Thriller came on. Good times. :)

Kristi Amasio said...

I agree with Tara too. I love MJ and this is history man. These blogs are basically our journals and we need to remember all of this. Hi was a true one of a kind entertainer. Maybe one day Kelly's dream will come true. :)