Thursday, July 23, 2009

Trip to the ER


Okay, so just so you all don't think I'm crazy, I'm just trying to date my blog as close to the date that some of these things really happened. It wasn't really last night that we were at the ER but according to the date I put, it was. Anyway, so this is what happened. Last night we were at Holiday Oil filling up the car with gas. Lately, Noah has been helping pump the gas. He likes to do it and I'm usually right there to watch him to make sure he is doing it all right. I ran in to the store to grab a drink and when I came out, Noah was screaming and I could see what had happened. Somehow he had gotten gas all over himself including his face and eyes. His eyes were burning so bad and he was so freaked out, I could barely get him to tell me what happened. We ran in to the rest room at Holiday Oil and I tried to rinse his eyes out but they were still burning. I called Poison Control and they said I should probably take him to an ER to be checked out. They said the gas could cause corneal abrasions and result in permanent damage. I guess that was the worst case scenario. I took him over to Pioneer Valley. It definitely isn't my favorite hospital but its the closest. They got us back pretty quickly and the doctor put some numbing drops in Noah's eyes. He turned off the lights in the room and looked at his eyes with a special eye lamp. Noah thought it was pretty cool because his eyes were "glowing in the dark". They couldn't find any damage witch was a relief. Everyone in the ER kept talking about how it smelled like gas. It was pretty strong smelling all through the ER. I'm glad he was okay. When he was finally calm enough to tell me what happened, he said he was pulling the nozzle out and gas starting spraying back at him. I think he may have had the trigger on the nozzle still pushed in. I didn't have my camera but I took a picture with my camera phone so it isn't the best picture.

1 comment:

susan said...

SCARY! I am glad he is ok!